Thursday, October 3, 2013

How did I decide to hitchhike?

Day #3 - part. 1/3

"If I could wake up in a different place, at a different time, could I wake up as a different person?" - Chuck Palahniuk.

17/08/13

I think I still was jet-lagged as I couldn't sleep at all. I spend almost all night talking with my friends from Peru on facebook and figuring out where I was going next. Actually I had a sort of a plan for my first 25 days. Obviously it was not a rigid plan, just kind of where I wanted to go.

My very detailed plan.
And in fact, I couldn't do everything because I changed my plans almost everyday! But the firsts days I was following the plan. So I was looking for a cheap way to go to GENEVA and I thought about doing covoiturage again, but this time from the website. So I looked up for some rides and I found a girl who was driving there. Sharing a car from Clermont to Geneva was like 30 euros. So I wrote to her and she accepted! 


My host's couch :)

I talked with my dear brazilian friend, Caio, who lives in Geneva and he accepted to host me for a couple of days. - By the way, I also met him by Couchsurfing, but in PerĂº.

The next morning I ask Mario - my amazing host- to lend me his card so I could pay because I didn't have one and then I'll give him the money in cash. He was kind enough to accept and he also talk to the girl by the phone - as I didn't had a phone neither - and he settle everything down. I was supposed to meet her near the station at 11am.

Bonjour, Clermont Ferrand!

Mario invited me some breakfast and also agreed that I could leave some of my luggage at his place for 10 days till my roomate could pick it up. And, while we were talking, this girl called him and told him  that she wasn't going to Clermont anymore. I felt so sad, I thought I wasn't going to make it to Geneva that day. Mario gave me back my money and I was thinking another way to go there, maybe another car, but all the cars were full.

There's when I decided it! I was going to Geneva by HITCHHIKING. Actually it was an idea I was thinking about some months ago when I hitchhiked in Brazil for the first time - Just a couple of times, I wasn't an expert on the field. Also because I met a couple of amazing hitchhikers: Ronan (Brazilian guy) and Annika (German girl), both of them I met in Brazil and they introduced me to the wonderful world of hitchhiking. They're my inspiration!

Mario couldn't believe what I was going to do, but he gave me a map of the city and explained to me how to get near the highway. So I grabbed my backpack, said thank you - I couldn't have been more grateful with him -  and good-bye.

DAY 3 part 1
ALCOHOL: 0
MONEY SPEND: 0 euros
PEOPLE I MET: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment